The Annual HOA Meeting is the 2nd Tuesday of April at 7pm at the Brookhaven Clubhouse, which is April 9th this year. You should be getting a letter this week with the meeting announcement and a Board Member registration ballot asking for volunteers for all positions on the HOA Board. If you are interested in running please fill out the form and return it or let one of the existing Board members know. Another letter should be going out before the meeting with nominees to be voted on for the Board positions, otherwise we will have the vote at the Annual Meeting.
The Board has invited the Developer to the Annual Meeting and he has accepted, so Darrell Pittard, Managing Member of Brookhaven Development Partners, will be there to discuss future development plans and take questions. We have been communicating our concerns to Darrell throughout the year and we should be able to address them all at the meeting. If anyone else would like to attend as a guest speaker, please let the Board know ahead of time and we can approve and coordinate the speaker.
After attending a few City Council meetings we are working with the City to get additional Stop Signs installed and rumble strips put in in lieu of Speed Bumps on Brookhaven Drive. We also reached out to our Insurance Carrier to discuss costs of adding additional speed barriers on non City owned roads.
The board has reached out to the City and the Developers about our roads, and the city is working to get the developers to repair the roads, but as with all things political and development related timing is always the issue. So for the 3rd year the HOA has purchased some Blacktop Patch and you may have already seen Harold patching pot holes. So please be careful and patient with any residents that you see repairing the roads where we can. We have also taken the road situation directly to the developer and he said they will be repairing Americana and Horton Drive in the near future and Darrell can elaborate at the meeting. Lakeside Drive also has money set aside for a final seal coat once Development has finished paid for by the Bank, so again, it will be repaired, it is a matter of time.
A few City updates;
- Construction on a new City Hall will begin soon across the street from North Valley.
- The City is working with North Valley to build a Park next to North Valley
- 1 Mile of 2″ of Blacktop paving is roughly $88,000. This price is just for laying blacktop, and does not include prep work or leveling.
- The County is supposed to be paving Old Acton Road by 2020, It will not be widened, but just get paved.
- Tenza Yarbrough brought up adding more stops signs on Brookhaven Drive. We also discovered that the City does not maintain stop signs on Roads that they do not manage so the HOA will be buying some replacement stop signs from the City.